Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What lies between.

I would like to think of myself as a girly girl. In my head I most definitely am, but I'm not quite sure it translates well when I put my outfits together. A lot of my clothes are still at the other house, which we are referring to as the "blue house", but I don't even miss a single thing enough to go and get it. I can't even recall what I even own besides my favorite PINK hoodie. All I have here in my new closet is a small collection of dresses, jeans and tees.
I got pretty flustered yesterday because looking at my wardrobe, it's one extreme to the other. I am not wearing those dresses unless Holliday and I have a date night or I'm feeling extra princess-like for church, and I'm sick sick sick of jeans and tees. Once a week, yea I need to slip into something like that, but for the most part, I don't like misrepresenting myself and I know jeans and tees everyday do a good job of that. I am in a new season of life and slowly creeping into mid-twenties. I'm feeling life out, changing, and my taste is changing as well.

This past Sunday for church, I was able to achieve a happy medium. Distressed jeans (Hollister), rustic belt (AE) bird print blouse (Marshall's), and a lace button up (Wet Seal). I'm not a teacher, in my thirties, mom of 2-3, driving Volvo SUV just yet, so I'm not going to bust out the dress pants and button ups everyday. I may not even dress like that then, but you get the point.
With the pieces I have in my closet, I don't know if I'll be able to put together such a comfy combination every day so shopping needs to happen ASAP. My Birthday is in about 3 weeks. I would like to go to Pensacola or Tallahassee to shop til I can't stand. :)))



No comments:

Post a Comment